Saturday, October 03, 2009

BLOG CARNIVAL - My Digital Studio

Welcome to the Stampin' Addicts Blog Carnival! We are going to keep this party going all month so you don't need to worry if you can see everything today! If you bookmark my blog, it will be easy to find me again . . . just a suggestion! LOL

I just LOVE Stampin' Up!'s new softward, My Digital Studio! There is SO much you can do with it! One of my favorite discoveries so far is how easy it is to use MDS to create and store sketches! I have been collecting sketches from scrapbook magazines and books for years and I am so excited to find that I can save each sketch as a template in My Digital Studio and use it over and over again! Want to see an example?


For the purposes of this post, I created my own sketch from a scapbook page I saw on page 78 of Stampin' Up!'s current Idea Book and Catalog. I could have also used someone else's sketch to recreate in MDS, but wanted to make sure I didn't violate any copyright laws! Here is a page created with my template:




Cool, huh? Want to see another?



It was SO EASY to create these pages once I had the template created and saved!

So are you convinced that you need your own copy of MDS? LOL If not (or even if you are) you need to check out the following links to see the wonderful creations my fellow blog carnival participants came up with!

DMDezign
Yapha
Willysgirl
Hollylogic
Lyssa
Lilysinkpad
StampinShell
JulieA
lovetostampandscrap
Melina Stamps!
BroncoMom
Britney
S1itcher46
Kelli
Scrapbookmamma




Thanks for stopping by and please visit again!

13 comments:

JulieA said...

Ok, Ok, I'll go watch that webinar...I love how you were able to save that template!!! Coolio projects, friend!

Amy said...

What a great idea for the sketches! I'm really excited to try that now! Thanks, Comeka!

Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek said...

Great post! That MDS is just plain awesome.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

I'm not much into digital scrapbooking, but I think this is one of my favorite aspects of this. To be able to create a layout, see what it will really look like. Save the templates I like in one place, and be able to print a background if I want light writing on dark CS and then do a hybrid. You did a great job showcasing this. Love your pages.

Anonymous said...

Love both your sketch and how the two pages turned out! Great work!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the sketch idea and the way you made a layout from it!

Kathy Silvernail said...

I love that you can save your design. Just one more reason to jump on board.
Thanks

Holly said...

ooooooo, an MDS sketch library. . . . my craft room may just get organized yet. . . thanks for the tips, Comeka!

The Stamping Dragon said...

Great sketch and pages! I can't wait to get my copy of MDS!

Kat said...

Great idea. I love your sketch.

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, a useful idea

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog, I hadn't come across comekastamps.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Continue the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.